Metzeler Karoo Extreme Adventure Tire 90/90-21 Front [54R].
Multipurpose and racing rally off-road tire with extreme traction and versatility.
- The knob design and layout is designed to provide extreme traction on the difficult terrains of the most demanding rallies.
- The rear tire focuses on enabling traction and for this reason the tread design is composed of 3 big blocks on each pitch that provide traction on loose terrain thanks to their height and the space between them.
- The vertical wall of this line of knobs works as a claw that penetrates the ground and generates massive traction.
- The wide block surface provides a wide contact patch that ensure grip on hard terrain.
- The reinforced structures then reduce the spinning effect and engage the compound at lower temperature, granting extreme traction in all terrain and conditions, with every temperature and at all speeds.
- The front knob layout is specifically designed to give directional stability both in straights and turns.
- The central knobs feature a composite shape that thanks to the high quantity and multiple direction of the working edges and their position on a triangular layout provide maximum traction when braking and stability on both loose grounds and hard packed terrains.
- The lateral knobs support the bike in turn and provides precise trajectory and directionality when leaning, granting outstanding security.
- The compound formulation of the KAROO™ Extreme combines both natural rubber for mechanical resistance and synthetic rubber for wear and knob tearing resistance.
- The high percentage of carbon black increases resistance to every kind of stress, even at high temperature, typical of the race in the desert and makes the knobs resistant to ‘tearing’ and premature wear.
- When used on hard terrains the compound prevents the tire from overheating, thus reducing the risk to blow-up and blistering during the race.
- Thanks to a better overall flexibility the structure provides excellent puncture resistance also with low pressures.
- Load/Speed Rating: 54R
- R-Rated For Speeds Of Up To: 106mph
- Type: Tubeless, but can be used with a tube