Metzeler ME888 Maratho Ultra Tire 160/60R18 Rear [76V].
Specifically designed to enhance the mileage together with superior wet performance.
- Metzeler ME 888 MARATHON™ ULTRA is the best partner for long and safe travelling on cruiser, tourers and their custom versions.
- To achieve this targets, Metzeler designers finely combined the specifications which determine the characteristics of tires: profile, structure, tread pattern and compound.
- The structure shape features a flat and wide geometry that conveys and dissipates toward the sidewall the stress generated under the footprint, reducing the fatigue and the wear process.
- To increase wear regularity, the transversal grooves of the tread pattern are discontinued by ‘compound bridges’, resulting in a more solid and stiffer tread design that reduces the stress transmitted to the belts and carcass plies.
- Also the edges of grooves are critical areas for wear regularity. ME 888 groove walls have different inclination to ensure the best operating angle in every position.
- The polymers of the compound are abrasion resistant, providing higher resistance to wear and hence high mileage.
- The tread pattern of ME 888 MARATHON™ ULTRA is an evolution of that of ME880’ with the target to ensure a high level of water evacuation whilst increase wear uniformity across the whole tread.
- Moreover, a relevant content of silica in the compound formulation ensures chemical grip on wet surfaces.
- Load/Speed Rating: 76V
- V-Rated For Speeds Of Up To: 149mph
- Type: Tubeless, but can be used with a tube